[ISOC-CH Ann] Changes of Statutes (General Assembly)

Bernie Hoeneisen vice-chair-internal at isoc.ch
Sun Jan 20 15:27:11 CET 2013

Dear ISOC-CH Members

During the General Assembly (GA) on 8 Mar 2013 we will propose some changes
to the ISOC-CH statutes. It is *important* to note that *during the GA we
will only vote on those change requests that have been submitted 20 days
before the GA* (i.e. deadline Feb 16th). *During the GA itself no further
change requests may be submitted for voting.*

The discussion on the changes to our statutes is taking place on the
following mailing-list:

Every member is welcome and encouraged to subscribe to this new
mailing-list, take part in the discussion, and submit new (or alternative)
change requests for our statutes to this new mailing-list. (As mentioned
above, the deadline for any change request is 16 Feb. 2013).

Please find the currently proposed changes on:

http://www.isoc.ch/draft-statutes-CR

Below a summary of the changes proposed so far:

   - Membership Acceptance:
      - Simplification of the process
      - In short: The new variant shall allow the Board to accept or reject
      applications for membership; rejected applicants can appeal to the GA.
      - Background: As one legal question could not be resolved timely for
      the inaugural GA, we had introduced a "work-around", that works
in any case

      - Membership Termination:
      - Clarification of the process
      - As exclusion of membership is a delicate topic, the process and
      rules need to be clear (to mitigate misuse).

      - Various committees:
      - Improved the "checks and balance in the system" as well as
      communications between committees and Board

      - Default for official address, if not explicitly determined

Looking forward to your feedback on <statutes at lists.isoc.ch>!

All the best,
 Bernie