[ISOC-CH Ann] National ISOC-CH Event, Mon 18.11.2013 12:30-18:30, on Privacy, registration is now open

Bernie Hoeneisen chairman at isoc.ch
Fri Sep 27 13:52:51 CEST 2013

Dear members,

We are happy to invite you to the National Event
2013<http://www.isoc.ch/events/saying-good-bye-to-pricacy>of the ISOC
Switzerland Chapter:
Saying Good Bye to Privacy?

   - *Date/Time:* 18 November 2013 / 12:30 – 18:30 h

   - *Place: *<http://www.isoc.ch/locations/university-of-bern-main-building>University
   of Bern, Main Building, room 05/501 (Kuppelraum), Hochschulstrasse 4,
   3012 Bern (close to main railway station)

   - *Topics include:*
      -

      *Different Aspect to Privacy*
      - Social Aspects: “Media Literacy: Children, the Internet and Privacy”
         *
         by Laurent Sedano, Pro Juventute

         *
         - Technical Aspects: “New threats to Privacy: Highly mobile
         cameras, face recognition, and the Internet”*
         by Pascal Gloor, Swiss Pirate Party

         *
         - Policy Aspects: “Regulation, Innovation and Privacy”
         by *Robin Wilton, Internet Society*
      -

      *Panel Discussion on the revision of the Swiss lawful interception act
      (BÜPF - Bundesgesetz betreffend die Überwachung des Post- und
      Fernmeldeverkehrs)*
      - with Balthasar Glättli (Swiss Parliament, National Councilor),
         Franz Grüter (Provider, CEO of green.ch), et al.

   - *Language:* English and German (Presentations in English, Panel
   discussion in German); we are actively seeking volunteers for simultaneous
   translations

   - *More Information:*
   http://www.isoc.ch/events/saying-good-bye-to-pricacy

   - *Registration:* http://www.isoc.ch/events/saying-good-bye-to-pricacy
   Please register latest by 15. November 2013

*Further Notes:*

   - This event is free of charge.
   - ISOC Members as well as guests are welcome!
   - Feel free to forward this invitation to your colleagues and friends
   - For this National Event we deliberately choose the central location
   Bern, as it can easiest be reached from all parts of Switzerland.
   We are looking forward to many ISOC members from various parts of
   Switzerland joining and getting to know each other.

Looking forward to see you in Bern!

cheers,
 Bernie Höneisen, Chairman of ISOC-CH

--