[ISOC-CH Ann] National Event in Bern on Thu Nov 13th - What happens to IANA?

Bernie Hoeneisen chairman at isoc.ch
Mon Oct 13 14:50:21 CEST 2014

Dear ISOC-CH members

We are happy to inform you that we are currently planing another national
event about a topic that is currently heavily debated in many places:  "What
happens to IANA? <http://www.isoc.ch/events/what-happens-to-iana>"
Date / Time

Thursday, 13. November 2014
*18:00 - 21:30*
Location

University of Bern, Main Building
<http://www.isoc.ch/locations/university-of-bern-main-building>
*Hochschulstrasse 4, 3012 Bern*
Introduction

For a long time core functions of the Internet, such as the the overall
administration of Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
(IANA), have been under supervision of the US government. Recently, the US
government announced its intent to transition part of its oversight role to
the global multistakeholder community. This announcement attracted a great
deal of attention and has sparked some very lively discussions. You can
find more information on ISOC’s IANA transition website
<http://www.internetsociety.org/ianaxfer>.

We invite you to an event where the IANA transition process will be
explained by experts. You will also get an update on its status and other
interesting topics regarding ICANN and IANA.

So far we have one speaker confirmed: Massimiliano Stucchi from RIPE NCC.
Confirmations from further speakers are still pending.

Please mark the date in your personal calendars and submit your
registrations ASAP on our event webpage: What happens to IANA?
<http://www.isoc.ch/events/what-happens-to-iana>

Looking forward to your registrations!

cheers
 Bernie, Chairman