[ISOC-CH Ann] Invitation and Agenda for the ISOC Switzerland General Assembly on February 26 2020 in Bern.

Michael Hausding michael.hausding at isoc.ch
Fri Jan 24 11:52:17 CET 2020

Dear ISOC Switzerland Chapter members

Sorry for sending this again, but our list manager removed the Invitation letter and the PGP signature……

--

The board wants to invite you to the 2020 annual General Assembly of the Internet Society Switzerland Chapter

Date / Time: Wednesday, 26. February 2020  17:00 - 19:30
Location: Polit-Forum Bern - Käfigturm, Marktgasse 67, 3011 Bern, Switzerland

The registration is open and available here:

https://www.isoc.ch/events/annual-general-assembly-2020

If you have motions or inquiries for the GA, please send them to board at isoc.ch until February 6 2020.

If you cannot attend the GA in person you can give proxy to another Chapter member by written and signed (paper or PGP) notice to board at isoc.ch

During the GA we will give you an update what we did and achieved in the year. We successfully finished the ViT project and managed to get another large grant from ISOC for the follow up project ViT labs.

The planed sale of the Public Interest Registry (PIR) by ISOC was raising many questions amongst our members. The Switzerland chapter was one of the chapter that supported the public letter by the Netherlands Chapter that questioned the sale. The Switzerland Chapter is still very active on this issue and we want to discuss it during our GA with Hans Peter Dittler, Member of the Board of Trustees of the Internet Society and our members.

Please note that the General Assembly will be preceded by a public Policy Workshop and Discussions (13.45-16.30) dedicated at current public policy topics in Switzerland, the Swiss E-ID (Electronic ID) and the revision of the data protection law.

You have to register separately for this here:

https://www.isoc.ch/events/policy-workshop-and-discussions-2020

We hope to see you in Bern
In the name of the whole ISOC-CH board

Michael