[ISOC-CH Ann] Invitation to General Assembly 2013 (8 March in Bern)

Bernie Hoeneisen vice-chair-internal at isoc.ch
Wed Feb 6 22:27:58 CET 2013

Dear Members,

We cordially invite you to the ISOC-CH annual General Assembly 2013, taking
place on Friday, 8th of March, at the University of Bern.

  http://www.isoc.ch/events/annual-general-assembly-2013

Around the official part of the GA, we offer an interesting framework
program:

"WCIT digest”

with *Richard Hill* (former Senior Member of the ITU Secretariat), *Markus
Kummer* (Vice President Public Policy of the Internet Society) and possibly
an official representative from the Swiss Government (OFCOM) is scheduled
for the late afternoon.

"Celebrating the International Women Day”

with *Monique Morrow* (Distinguished Consulting Engineer at Cisco Systems
and chair-women of the ITU Joint Coordination Activity on Cloud Computing)
who will give a keynote speech on *"Women leaders in the Internet”*,
followed by a video-message from *Lynn St. Amour* (President and CEO of the
Internet Society).

---

This event consists of two parts with registration for each part separately.

*Part 1*

15:45             Door Opening
16:00 - 17:30  WCIT-Digest (to be confirmed)
17:30 - 18:00  Coffee Break

*Part 2*

18:00 - 18:30  Keynote by Monique Morrow / Video-Greetings from Lynn St.
Amour
18:30 - 20:30  General Assembly (official
part<http://www.isoc.ch/agenda-general-assembly-2013>
)
20:30 - 21:30  Apéro

Please find more information, updates and registration on:
  http://www.isoc.ch/events/annual-general-assembly-2013

Lots of thanks to our host (University of Bern, IT department)!

We are looking forward to meeting you at the General Assembly!

All the best,
 ISOC-CH Board

---

*Further information related to the official part of the General Assembly*

*Agenda:*

   - The (tentative) agenda is published on:
   http://www.isoc.ch/agenda-general-assembly-2013
   - According to our statutes every member has the right to propose
   additional agenda items by 16 February 2013 (20 days before the GA). If
   you want to make use of this opportunity, please send your proposal to <
   board at isoc.ch> and include:
   - Description / background of the topic for discussion
      - Is this item subject to vote (yes/no)?
      - Estimation on time required for discussion
      - Name(s) of the proponent(s)
   - Please be aware of that the agenda for the GA is already rather full.

*Statutes:*

   - We have informed you already earlier about the proposed statutes
   changes, which are discussed on
   http://lists.isoc.ch/mailman/listinfo/statutes
   - Please find the current statutes (and a version containing the change
   requests currently proposed) on: http://www.isoc.ch/about/bylaws
   - Further change requests to our statutes are to be submitted to <
   statutes at lists.isoc.ch> by 16 February 2013. Only Change Requests made
   by Feb 16th will be be voted on. In particular, change requests to the
   statutes made during the GA will not be voted on.

--

http://ucom.ch/
Tech Consulting for Internet Technology