[ISOC-CH Ann] think of engaging with ISOC-CH + quick update

Panayotis Antoniadis panayotis at isoc.ch
Tue May 31 21:27:50 CEST 2022

Dear ISOC-CH members and friends,

It is a time of important transitions for the Internet and ISOC
Switzerland Chapter is preparing to be a positive actor in this
process.  For this, our board is being renewed, and additional new blood
will be needed to replace those members whose term is coming to an end.

Most urgently the *treasurer position needs to be filled until our next
General Assembly**(online, early September)*. Please contact us if you
would like to get involved and think of contacts that might be
interested!

The workload is around 1-2h week and time is flexible. But this
engagement can be very fulfilling for those interested in creating an
impact around Internet technologies.

A *social event will be organized in person in November*, to celebrate
10 years of ISOC-CH and 30 years of ISOC Global!

More details on the organization of the GV and social event, and the
*launch of our new website!*, will follow in July (stay tuned).

Before this, ISOC members are also invited to participate in the first
European call open to all Internet Society members on *8 June at 13:00
UTC*. The topic of the discussion is *digital sovereignty “Protect the
Internet!”*, and an email invitation must be already in your Inbox!

Best,

Your ISOC-CH board

P.S.

We take the opportunity to inform you about two interesting learning
opportunities offered by ISOC global:
- A wide variety of free introductory courses for everyone on various
technical topics but also Internet Governance:
https://www.internetsociety.org/learning/
- The Fundamentals programme addressing ISOC members who would like to
make their engagement with ISOC more impactful:
https://www.internetsociety.org/chapters/fundamentals-program/2022/