[ISOC-CH Ann] Proxy votes today (was: Reminder AGM 24.March - please register!)

Bernie Hoeneien ISOC-CH bernie at isoc.ch
Fri Mar 24 15:51:11 CET 2023

Dear ISOC-CH members

As you know, today the General Assembly of ISOC-CH takes place at Welle7
in Bern. Some of you intend to participate online only. However, if you
want to exercise your voting rights our statutes require a proxy, who is
physically attending in Bern (excerpt see below).

You may choose anybody in the room as proxy. I also offer myself as proxy
to vote on behalf for online participants. If I shall be your proxy, I
kindly ask you (in addition to the paper work, as explained below) to send
me instructions on how to vote shortly before every vote by chat of the
online tool (Zoom). You may use either general chat or direct chat.

To transfer your voting rights, a little paper work is needed. Please send
a scan or photo of the following text (or alike) including your
handwritten signature attached to an email to <board at isoc.ch>
(replace content in sharp brakets by the suitable information):

   Transfer of voting rights
   -------------------------

   Herewith I authorize <Bernie Hoeneisen> to exercise my voting rights
   (proxy vote) for the ISOC-CH General Assembly taking place
   on March 24th, 2023.

   <City>, <24.03.2023>

   <Signature>
   <Name in printed letters>

Alternatively, you may take a picture of the above text including your
handwritten signature by Signal Instant Messenger (IM) to the chair
<079 234 32 23>. If you don't have Signal you may send it by Threema or
Whatsup IM to me <079 646 31 91> and I will forward it to the chair.

If you have cryptographically signed email (S/MIME / OpenPGP), the above
text sent by *cryptographically signed* email is sufficient.

Looking forward to see you in Bern!

cheers
  Bernie

PS: In future we will need to revisit the voting procudures in the
     statutes to better adapt to online voting.

In our Statutes (§11/3) it says:

   Any member can authorize any other member to vote on his behalf (proxy
   vote). A written statement with signature is to be presented to the
   chairperson latest at the beginning of the GA.

   Source:
   https://www.isoc.ch/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/ISOC-CH_Statutes_2019.pdf

--

http://ucom.ch/
Modern Telephony Solutions and Tech Consulting for Internet Technology